Did you find it easy to find products with recycled content? Do you have any tips or ideas on how to find recycled products?
Product packaging is a big problem, and it's growing! What else can we do to cut down on packaging and get it out of our garbage?
How come some types of plastic can't be recycled in the Blue Bin? And doesn't the recycling logo on the bottom mean we can recycle it in Toronto?Read more
Buying recycled products is another way to reduce waste. Recycled materials don’t use as many raw materials and natural resources. They also use less water and save energy. Recycled products also help keep the green recycling economy thriving.
Recycled content is used for many products:
- office or school supplies (paper, pens and printing cartridges)
- home supplies (paint, storage bins and garbage bags)
- clothing or reusable bags made with plastic fibres
Choosing paper made from 100% recycled paper instead of trees uses 50% less water and energy - and it saves trees!
- If you’re buying new products, choose something that is made of recycled materials. Aim for 100% post-consumer recycled content.
- Share a photo or tell us about it
Take the extra step:
Write to a company that you buy from and ask them to include more recycled content in their products.